Warm Your Insides With This Comforting Soup Recipe
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 20 min
Soup season is upon us and to kick things off, we wanted to share this amazing lentil and coconut curry soup recipe - the perfect addition to your autumn recipe book...
What you’ll need
- A Saucepan: MasterClass Can-to-Pan Recycled Non-Stick Induction Ready 20cm Saucepan
- A casserole dish: MasterClass Cast Aluminium 4 Litre Casserole Dish
- A spoon: KitchenCraft Beech Wood 45cm Spoon
- 1 finely chopped white onion
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 small knob of ginger
- 3 tbsp. tomato passata
- 2 tsp curry powder
- Big pinch of chilli flakes
- 3 cups of water
- 2 cubes of vegetable stock
- 1 can of coconut milk
- ½ can of chopped tomatoes
- 150g lentils
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- Coriander to garnish
Boil the lentils in a saucepan until soft. In a blender, add the water and vegetable stock and mix.
In a different pan, heat up some oil on high and when the oil is hot add in the chopped onions and garlic then reduce the heat to medium.
Slowly pour in the drained lentils and keep adding splashes of the stock water into the pan.
Make sure to keep stirring and add in the chopped ginger, 2 tbsp. curry powder, tomato passata, washed spinach, chilli flakes, chopped tomatoes and coconut milk.
Bring to the boil and leave to simmer for 15 mins. Ensure to keep giving the soup a stir with a wooden spoon.
Once cooked pour the soup into bowls and garnish with a sprinkle of coriander.