Make the ultimate winter warmer with a kick!
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 30 min
Fruity flavours and spicy aromas are the number one indication that autumn has arrived. Pop this mulled cider with citrus fruit, cinnamon and cloves on the stove and it'll be sure to warm you up in no time at all!
What you’ll need
- A mixing spoon: KitchenCraft Beech Wood 30cm Spoon
- A mug: BarCraft Hammered Moscow Mule Mug
- 3½pts/2L dry cider or fresh apple juice
- 2 apples studded with cloves
- 4-6 cinnamon sticks
- 5-6 allspice berries
- zest of 1 orange
- dark rum (optional)
- slices of apple for garnish
Add all the ingredients to a large saucepan and gently simmer for 30 minutes making sure the mixture does not boil.
Transfer to a heatproof bowl and ladle into a double-walled mug for maximum heat retention. Garnish with apple slices and whole spices to serve.