Fresh Doughnuts Have Never Been Easier to Make
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 2 mins per Doughnut
Fancy making some fresh old fashioned doughnuts but don't know where to start? This irresistible sugary treat is easy to make and with our simple recipe and clever Home Made Pancake and Doughnut Batter Dispenser, you are sure you get the perfect shape every time.
What you’ll need
- A mixing bowl: MasterClass Smart Space Mixing Bowl Set
- A mixing spoon: KitchenCraft Beech Wood 30cm Spoon
- Doughnut Batter Dispenser: Home Made Pancake and Doughnut Batter Dispenser
- 2 ½ cups of flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp cloves
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla (or 2 tsp orange juice or 1 tsp of your favourite extract)
- 1 tbsp softened butter or lard
- 1 cup of milk
- Caster sugar to decorate
Beat eggs, then add butter/ lard, vanilla and milk. Beat together for 30 seconds.
In a separate bowl sift together all dry ingredients and add dry ingredients to the egg mixture, beating until smooth.
Fill doughnut dispenser with batter. Deep fry at 185°C / 365°F in melted frying oil.
Roll in caster sugar.