25g vegan spread
50g plain flour
20g vegan smoked applewood cheese, grated
Chilli powder to taste
1 tsp mustard
salt and pepper
Soya milk to glaze
- Rub together the vegan spread and flour in a bowl.
- Add the smoked cheese, chilli powder, mustard and season with salt and pepper.
- Work into a dough (if it's not sticking together, add a tiny bit of water, but we found the mustard bound it together well).
- Roll out onto a lightly floured surface, trim the edges and cut into strips about 1-2cm wide.
- Lay the straws onto a non-stick baking tray, brush with soya milk and bake at 200°C for about 10 minutes, until golden.